Time to Register for Summer Riding! Call or email for more information.
Centaur Show Team
From year-to–year Centaur participates in different show circuits – always dependent upon who the interested students are and the current levels of riders and horses. Students participate with their own horses or school horses. We travel to both to local and not-so-local shows. The OADG has three show circuits culminating with a wonderful year-end awards banquet.
Over the years, Centaur has presented successful teams in each of these circuits:
ESD Shows – Local dressage schooling shows. Eligible shows are held at Centaur and in the Ottawa area.
Silver Shows – Shows are held locally, at Centaur and around the Ottawa area.
Gold Shows – Eligible Shows are held locally, at Centaur and around the Ottawa area, as well as across Canada.
Gold Shows in Ontario and Quebec – Centaur travels to various Gold dressage shows with the advanced riders and coaches. Highlights of awards won, with various horses and riders at different levels, include Canadian Champion, Ontario Champion, City of Ottawa Top Equestrian award, EC Athlete and Horse of the Year Awards, Made In Canada Breeder Award.
OESS Series – Offers competitions in both dressage and hunter at 2 different stables in the east end of Ottawa. Year-end awards are presented at the last show of the year, with a special presentation on the podium.
D4K – Centaur has travelled to Saugerties New York to participate in this prestigious event, winning Second place Team on two occasions (out of 60+ teams). Riders are judged in a dressage test, a written test, and an equitation class.
- EC – Equestrian Canada: governing body for equestrians in Canada.
- OE – Ontario Equestrian: governing body of equestrian sport in Ontario.
- OADG – Ottawa Area Dressage Group: dressage organization for the Ottawa-area.
- ESD – Equestrian Skill Development: a series of competitions at schooling show level sanctioned by OE.
- Silver Shows: shows sanctioned by EC, at an intermediate level.
- Gold Shows: shows sanctioned by EC, at an advanced level.
- D4K – Dressage for Kids: an American competition where youth ages 21 and younger compete in dressage. This show is held yearly in Saugerties, New York.
- OESS – Ottawa East Schooling Shows: a group of schooling shows, with year-end awards for riders in the east end of Ottawa. Both dressage and hunter classes are offered.